Xedos Community  
  Mazda Xedos 6 - HomeMazda Xedos 6 - Xedos6Mazda Xedos 6 - Xedos9Mazda Xedos 6 - TestsMazda Xedos 6 - Forum  

Zurück   Xedos-Community Forum > Xedos > Antrieb

Antrieb

Motor, Luftfilter, Auspuff, Getriebe, ...

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 23.06.2015, 16:01   #1
gogboy
Gast

2lt V6 Auto gearbox fluid

Hey guys.
i have recently purchased my 4th X6,easily the best one I've had,its only covered 31,000 miles and it runs like a dream,the biggest difference I've noticed is the fuel consumption for instance with all my other three i got between 300-350 miles out of a full tank but I've just hit 300 miles and i have a quarter of a tank left! so I've easily got at least 100 miles left. Naturally i want to keep this car in tip top condition so im putting it in for a big service in a couple of weeks but im going to provide all of the parts eg plugs oil ect. Was also thinking of getting the gear oil changed as well but when i look at the owners hand book it didn't say i should change it,just inspect it? i rang my local Mazda dealer and they didn't know either!!! (we dont have enough experience with these cars he said) so is it worth doing the gear oil you think? thank you very much for any advice you guys can offer.

Xedos-Community

Diese Einblendung wird nicht mehr angezeigt, sobald Du Dich registriert und angemeldet hast.
Weil so ein Forum immer vom Mitmachen seiner User lebt, mach doch einfach bei uns mit - diskutiere mit anderen Xedos-Fans und bereichere unsere Gemeinschaft *g*

Alt 24.06.2015, 11:23   #2
Mazda RX-7 SA
Benutzer

Benutzerbild von Mazda RX-7 SA

X9 2,5i V6 MTX '00; X6 2,0i V6 MTX '98 & X9 FL '02
Mazda 6 MPS 2006 & Mazda RX-7 SA 1981
Hello.

Generally Mazda don't call for automatic gear oil change in the service book like for manual gears.
But for sure it is recommended to change the oil sometime. The only problem is, thats not so easy like for manual gears, because for automatic you cannot drain the complete oil.
Therefore there are some procedures how to do this.

In your case it is the question, if you should change the oil now. As your Xedos run only 31k miles (50k km).

greetings from Austria

PS: From where you are coming from?
Mazda RX-7 SA ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 24.06.2015, 16:11   #3
gogboy
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Mazda RX-7 SA Beitrag anzeigen
Hello.

Generally Mazda don't call for automatic gear oil change in the service book like for manual gears.
But for sure it is recommended to change the oil sometime. The only problem is, thats not so easy like for manual gears, because for automatic you cannot drain the complete oil.
Therefore there are some procedures how to do this.

In your case it is the question, if you should change the oil now. As your Xedos run only 31k miles (50k km).

greetings from Austria

PS: From where you are coming from?
Im in the uk,so you think the oil is fine at the moment? maybe wait a few more miles? the colour and level are fine.

so happy with this Xedos the interior looks brand new been very well looked after,just need a new paint job as the lacquior is peeling in parts due to age.

also i have only ever put 5w 30 in all my Xedos put i have seen on here so many times to use 10W 40,even the mazda garage here says to use 5W 30,will there be much difference with using the 10W 40??
thanks again
Alt 25.06.2015, 11:27   #4
Mazda RX-7 SA
Benutzer

Benutzerbild von Mazda RX-7 SA

X9 2,5i V6 MTX '00; X6 2,0i V6 MTX '98 & X9 FL '02
Mazda 6 MPS 2006 & Mazda RX-7 SA 1981
Zitat:
Zitat von gogboy Beitrag anzeigen
Im in the uk,so you think the oil is fine at the moment? maybe wait a few more miles? the colour and level are fine.
If the colour is good and you don't have problems with it, I think no need for a change now.
You can wait. But for sure a change now wouldn't be wrong! So its up to your choice.

Zitat:
Zitat von gogboy Beitrag anzeigen
also i have only ever put 5w 30 in all my Xedos put i have seen on here so many times to use 10W 40,even the mazda garage here says to use 5W 30,will there be much difference with using the 10W 40??
thanks again
I personally using 10W40 instead of the 5W30.
Because 5W30 is too low viscosity in my opinion and more expensive and not needed.
But its not wrong to use that one.

If I'm not wrong, Mazda (not the garage) is specifying 10W40 for the K-series engines.
I think your garage is advising 5W30 because this is now the common oil for Mazdas from all the 20xx years.

regards
Mazda RX-7 SA ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Wichtige und häufig gefragte Themen

[Forum]  E10: Mazda, die Ethanol-Beimischung und die EU-Umweltschutzlüge
 [Forum]  Sammelthread Reifen/Felgen/Fahrwerkskombination
 [Forum]  Xedos-Statistics: Produktionszahlen und Zulassungsstatistiken
 [Wiki]  Motoröl: das richtige Öl, Ölstand prüfen, Hydrostößel-Klackern
 [Wiki]  Funkfernbedienung (Einbau)

Aktuellste Wiki-Beiträge

[17. Mai 2016]  Short Shifter

Zum Seitenanfang

© 2003-2024 wirthensohn @ Xedos-Community      Impressum      Datenschutz      Kontakt

Community
Forum
Neue Beiträge
Heutige Beiträge

Service