Xedos Community  
  Mazda Xedos 6 - HomeMazda Xedos 6 - Xedos6Mazda Xedos 6 - Xedos9Mazda Xedos 6 - TestsMazda Xedos 6 - Forum  

Zurück   Xedos-Community Forum > Xedos > Antrieb

Antrieb

Motor, Luftfilter, Auspuff, Getriebe, ...

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 10.07.2015, 12:24   #1
gogboy
Gast

WHAT oil? (once and for all!)

Hello guys,im about to do another oil change on my X6 but i am totally confused on what oil to use once again! i have used castrol edge 5W 30 fully synthetic for years and then tried Mobile super plus 2000 10W 40 and didn't really notice a difference,but the hand book clearly states to use 5W 30 but so so so many people on here use 10W 40.

Is it a good idea to avoid listening to manufactures guide lines and use the 10W 40? even when i call mazda they recommend the 5W 30 but so many on here use 10W 40? i really don't know who is right,the people who designed the car or the people who have driven them for years?

I really cant make my mind up who is right.

any thoughts would be great.
Thank you all.

Xedos-Community

Diese Einblendung wird nicht mehr angezeigt, sobald Du Dich registriert und angemeldet hast.
Weil so ein Forum immer vom Mitmachen seiner User lebt, mach doch einfach bei uns mit - diskutiere mit anderen Xedos-Fans und bereichere unsere Gemeinschaft *g*

Alt 10.07.2015, 12:44   #2
wirthensohn
Administrator

Benutzerbild von wirthensohn

Mazda 3 Fastback (2023)
Mazda Xedos 6 2.0 V6 (1992)
5W-30 is really a good thing and highly recommended - to support your oil dealer's or garage owner's income...

All these old Mazda engines from the 80s and early 90s were built for that older days standard oil types, 10W-40. That's really enough. With "better" (or let's say more expensive for truth) you will never feel any difference. In fact, there will be no benefit for your engine. It's better to have regular oil changes instead of using an expensive oil.

IMHO: when so many people are using 5W-30, the marketing and the oil lobby have done their jobs excellently

And yes, of course, Mazda-dealers have to recommend 5W-30: they have the nice, amazing, powerful Mazda Dexelia oil. Only the best oil for customers cars... and for profit maximisation on the side of the Mazda dealer, Mazda itself and Mazdas oil producer, TOTAL...

Simply use a good 10W-40, not the cheapest, and anything's fine.
wirthensohn ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.07.2015, 11:19   #3
Mazda RX-7 SA
Benutzer

Benutzerbild von Mazda RX-7 SA

X9 2,5i V6 MTX '00; X6 2,0i V6 MTX '98 & X9 FL '02
Mazda 6 MPS 2006 & Mazda RX-7 SA 1981
I totally agree with wirthensohn.

I wrote already something similar in another thread:
Zitat:
Zitat von Mazda RX-7 SA Beitrag anzeigen

Zitat:
Zitat von gogboy Beitrag anzeigen
Im in the uk,so you think the oil is fine at the moment? maybe wait a few more miles? the colour and level are fine.
If the colour is good and you don't have problems with it, I think no need for a change now.
You can wait. But for sure a change now wouldn't be wrong! So its up to your choice.

Zitat:
Zitat von gogboy Beitrag anzeigen
also i have only ever put 5w 30 in all my Xedos put i have seen on here so many times to use 10W 40,even the mazda garage here says to use 5W 30,will there be much difference with using the 10W 40??
thanks again
I personally using 10W40 instead of the 5W30.
Because 5W30 is too low viscosity in my opinion and more expensive and not needed.
But its not wrong to use that one.

If I'm not wrong, Mazda (not the garage) is specifying 10W40 for the K-series engines.
I think your garage is advising 5W30 because this is now the common oil for Mazdas from all the 20xx years.

regards
Mazda RX-7 SA ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Wichtige und häufig gefragte Themen

[Forum]  E10: Mazda, die Ethanol-Beimischung und die EU-Umweltschutzlüge
 [Forum]  Sammelthread Reifen/Felgen/Fahrwerkskombination
 [Forum]  Xedos-Statistics: Produktionszahlen und Zulassungsstatistiken
 [Wiki]  Motoröl: das richtige Öl, Ölstand prüfen, Hydrostößel-Klackern
 [Wiki]  Funkfernbedienung (Einbau)

Aktuellste Wiki-Beiträge

[17. Mai 2016]  Short Shifter

Zum Seitenanfang

© 2003-2024 wirthensohn @ Xedos-Community      Impressum      Datenschutz      Kontakt

Community
Forum
Neue Beiträge
Heutige Beiträge

Service